Direct Hair Implantation in Turkey
Over 85% of men are likely to experience hair loss by the time they reach 50. More than 50% of women will also notice a significant amount of hair loss in their lifetime.
Hair loss can be a cause of concern for many people and can result in low self-esteem and self-confidence. The good news is that there are various innovative treatments that can help regrow lost hair, including hair transplants. One of the most common types of hair transplant procedures is follicular unit extraction (FUE).
During a FUE procedure, a surgeon will remove hair follicles from your scalp, cut channels into your scalp, and then implant the hair follicles onto the balding parts of the scalp.
DHI, or direct hair implantation, is a modification of the FUE surgery. The procedure is performed using a fine tool called a Choi Implanter Pen. The tool helps quickly extract the grafts and place them into pre-made channels in the scalp at the same time. As a result, the hair graft stays out of the body for a much shorter duration than FUE, giving it a higher chance of survival.
How DHI Hair Transplant Works
DHI is a similar procedure to FUE with a few key changes that provide better results. During the procedure, the surgeon will use the hair follicles from your scalp. Typically, the follicles are taken from the back of the head where hair is thicker and usually not prone to shedding.
The surgeon will then implant the hair follicle directly into balding patches on your head. These follicles will result in hair growth in the following months.
Here is a brief step-by-step process for a DHI hair transplant.
- Before the procedure, your surgeon will shave your head completely and place local anesthesia to numb it .
- They will remove hair follicles from the back of your head using a fine-tipped tool.
- The hair follicle will be placed into the Choi Implanter Pen and then transplanted into the balding part of your scalp.
Once the procedure is over, an antibiotic cream will be applied to the affected area in order to reduce the chances of infection.
DHI hair transplants can take about 6 to 8 hours; however, the exact time will depend on how many follicles need to be transplanted. Patients generally see results within 12 to 18 months of the hair transplant.
Preparing for DHI Hair Transplant with PRP
A DHI procedure requires a team of dedicated surgeons, nurses, and other staff. Since DHI requires long-term commitment, it is important for you to take the necessary steps to ensure the treatment goes as smoothly as possible. Following some tips can help you get better results and reduce the risk of complications.
- Make sure that you share your complete medical history with your surgeon, including past or current medical conditions or any medication you are taking.
- If you are a smoker, you need to quit smoking at least three weeks ahead of surgery. This includes the use of e-cigarettes and tobacco. That’s because smoking interferes with healing and can delay your recovery period.
- Abstain from drinking any herbal tea or consuming any herbal supplement a week before the surgery.
- Do not use any blood thinning medications, like aspirin or Clexane, a week before the surgery as they may delay healing.
- Painkillers that do not contain paracetamol are strictly prohibited a week before the surgery. If it is necessary to take them, you need to get prior permission from the surgeon. You can take regular painkillers that have paracetamol.
- Patients must not eat anything or drink any beverage eight hours before the surgery.
- It is good practice to take a shower on the morning of the surgery or the day before to ensure your scalp is clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the ideal candidates for a DHI procedure?
Most of the candidates for DHI are those with androgenic alopecia, the most common type of hair loss. People who are losing hair due to age may also be good candidates for the procedure. Ideally, you should be over 25 years of age.
People who have thicker hair get better results with DHI procedure since thick hair follicles cover more area. People who have light-colored hair or hair of a similar color to the scalp also achieve good results.
It is important to understand that your expectations of the results should be realistic.
Are there any side effects?
The best part of a DHI surgery is that it is safe and rarely results in complications. Some negative complications of DHI surgery are mentioned below:
- An allergic reaction to the anesthesia
- An infection at the donor site or at the site of the implantation
- You might experience shock hair loss about three weeks to two months after the procedure. This is normal and temporary and you can expect a full recovery in about three to four months.
- Some other rare complications are pain, bleeding, dizziness, scarring, increased heart rate, and sparse appearance of hair around the donor site.
Keep in mind, however, that if you get your DHI hair transplant performed by a qualified surgeon, like the ones at TecniFUE Hair Clinic, the chances of complications are next to nothing.
Will I experience pain after the transplant procedure?
This is a painless and minimally-invasive surgery when done by a qualified surgeon. After the procedure, once the effects of the anesthesia wear off, some soreness is to be expected. However, this should resolve in about 24 to 48 hours.
If you experience increased pain, please call your doctor immediately.
How long does the procedure take?
A single session of DHI hair transplant takes about 6 to 8 hours and involves various steps. The exact time depends on how many grafts are needed by the patient. The steps that require the most time are hair extraction and channel opening, which can take anywhere between 1 to 3 hours each.
The procedure is performed as a day surgery. On the next day, a hair wash will be done.
As such, the entire process will take about 2 days.
How long does it take to recover completely from the procedure?
Typically, any scabs that form in your head will fall off in about 10 days. By the end of the first month, you will experience a shock loss. After the third month, your hair will start to grow from the implantation site. You will be able to see complete results after one year.
What is the cost of a DHI hair transplant?
The cost of the hair transplant depends on the clinic you visit, the technique performed, the experience of the surgeon, and the number of grafts made.
At TecniFUE Hair Clinic, the average cost of a DHI hair transplant is $3.250 USD.
Get Your DHI Hair Transplant At TecniFUE
DHI is a popular, minimally-invasive, and effective hair growth treatment that can result in thicker and denser hair. The technique ensures your scalp and hair experience the least amount of damage and you get the best results to correct your baldness.
At TecniFUE, we have highly qualified and experienced surgeons who are trained in the use of micromotor punches and the Choi Implanter Pen. We can diagnose and recommend the right hair transplant treatment option for you.
If you are interested in our services, call us https://www.tecnifue.com/ today to get high-quality, affordable DHI hair transplant treatments today.